Wednesday 10 March 2010

Overhead projector vs PowerPoint

The reliable overhead projector was in use in business before in schools. From Zachman International Enterprise Architecture:

Why I still use an overhead projector: because PowerPoint makes you look stupid

Wednesday, 10 March 2010, By ©2009 John A. Zachman, Zachman International

.... In all actuality, I really do like the visual stimulation of PowerPoint, it's just that I find it very confining as a teacher. I like to be able to hold several foils between my fingers and arbitrarily show any one of them, which PowerPoint limits. I like to be able to cover up different areas of The Framework up with my hands to illustrate various points. Also, I fill out most of my foils with complete sentences- not bullets. I want people to be able to go back and read my complete thought, not piece together the idea from memory. I work with the projector - it's my friend.

read the full story here

No comments: